Organization Issues Are The Biggest Homework Challenge Families Face
We asked families what their biggest homework issue was and the majority of parents indicated that their children struggle the most with organization.
Organization is actually a very common school issue for many students–it is the cause of procrastination and it leads to frustration and to problems with time management issues.
So, to help, we complied our TOP HOMEWORK ORGANIZATION TIPS:
- Use an agenda every day, and learn to use it like a pro!
- Write the date and class on your notes. Put all loose pages in order in your binder.
- Before finishing homework for the night, double check that you have completed all tasks.
- Look ahead to tomorrow and gather all the supplies that you need for the next day and out them in the book bag.
- Keep all study and homework materials—pens, paper, calculators, dictionaries, whiteout—whatever you need—in a single spot. Get a clear tupperware bin to keep everything easily accessible. Don’t waste time searching for items you need to have at the tips of your fingertips.
- Use a wall calendar to keep track of after-school activities and chores.
- Make daily to-do lists in the agenda and check off items as they are completed.
What tips do you use to keep your family organized and to combat homework struggles? We’d love to hear them!