Beyond Tutoring - Reading
Reading is fun, informative, and interactive – and every child should enjoy it as such.
The problem for children with poor reading skills is that they put all their effort into sounding out the words, and can’t focus on understanding what is being read. They can’t enjoy the story if they can’t understand the words and how they fit together.
At Oxford Learning, we work on developing essential skills for successful and motivated elementary grade readers.
As part of the Beyond Tutoring® curriculum, students learn to:
- read fluently and accurately
- build their vocabulary
- use prior knowledge to relate to content
- ask and answer questions to interpret text
- visualize and use mental imagery to enhance understanding
- draw conclusions and learn from what is being read
Our innovative approach teaches children to read actively with the best of phonetics and whole language training.
We can help your child advance to a higher level of reading proficiency. Contact an Oxford Learning near you today.