Quality Grade 1 English Tutoring
The school’s curriculum moves at a set pace, but at Oxford Learning®, your child will build Grade 1 English skills at a pace that meets his or her needs exactly.
In Grade 1 English, children begin learning the basics of reading and writing. The supportive Grade 1 English tutors at Oxford Learning® encourage your child to be a better speller, writer, and reader, helping him or her build a solid foundation in the basic building blocks of English. From learning basic words to writing paragraphs, students strengthen their English skills at a pace that meets their needs.
Your child’s customized program teaches the thinking and learning skills needed to be successful in Grade 1 English, and in every grade afterward.
Grade 1 English Tutoring Subjects
- Expressing own feelings and opinions about a given text or story
- Responding to specific questions about a written text
- Reading a variety of simple texts ranging from short stories to song lyrics
- Writing short sentences and paragraphs to illustrate personal events and experiences
- Describing and labeling images with words
- Spelling words and forming basic sentences
- Responding to advertisements, photographs, and other media forms