How Does Tutoring Help Students?
There are many reasons parents choose tutoring for their children. Some parents feel unable to help their children with schoolwork. Others may find their children are more receptive to working through school struggles with another person. Tutoring can help strengthen subject comprehension, boost confidence, and build important learning skills.
Tutoring gives students individualized attention that they don’t get in a crowded classroom. This helps children who struggle to keep up, as well as those who aren’t challenged enough. It also keeps students on track during breaks from school, such as during March Break or during the summer.
What are the Benefits of Tutoring?
Tutoring programs can help your child develop study and learning skills that will help set up your child for success for their entire life. There are many advantages of tutoring services:
Individual and unique learning experience: Your child will receive an individualized learning experience they can’t always get in a classroom setting. Tutors can customize the lessons and activities just for your child.
- One-on-one attention: Tutors get to know your child’s individual learning style and can adapt teaching methods accordingly. They act as your child’s own private teacher.
- Improves academic performance: Tutoring will prepare your child for tests and exams while tutors work with your child on specific problem areas. Your child’s grades and understanding of the subject will significantly improve when working with a tutor.
- Improves attitude towards learning and school: Learning will become fun for your child. With constant encouragement and praise, your child will no longer feel overwhelmed or frustrated with school.
- Encourages self-paced and self-directed learning: With tutoring, your child will learn to take the initiative with their schoolwork. Your child will also learn how to control their learning pace.
- Improves self-esteem and confidence: Your child’s self-esteem and confidence will increase through tutoring by providing them with the resources and skills they need to excel in school.
- Improves work and study habits: Through tutoring, your child will learn work and study habits they will use for life. These skills will help prepare your child to successfully achieve their goals both inside and outside of school.
- Positive workspace: Tutoring provides an environment free of distractions, with fewer students and disruptions around, so your child is better able to focus on learning.
- Encourages independence and responsibility: Your child will gain the ability to do school work on their own without your help. Your child will realize their own personal growth and will learn to take responsibility for their studies.
- Helps overcome learning obstacles: Your child’s tutor will specifically target whichever aspect of learning they are having trouble with, whether it’s writing, math, language, or reading.
- Encourages the freedom to ask questions: At school, your child may not always feel comfortable asking questions in front of their peers. Tutoring will help teach your child to be comfortable asking questions, big or small, without feeling self-conscious.
- Improves social and behavioural skills: Tutoring services will help your child become a better communicator, form better relationships with peers, and make more positive social and behavioural adjustments.
- Increases ability to manage one’s learning: Your child will become more competent in his or her learning and more successful in managing his or her school work.
- Challenges those who need it: Tutoring helps bored or under-stimulated children reach their full potential.
- Prepares your child for college and university: Students heading off to college will learn how to create study plans, develop advanced study skills, and learn superior time management skills. There are numerous benefits of tutoring in college and university, including reinforcement of existing knowledge and gaining a better understanding of a field of study.
Why Oxford Learning?
Discover how tutoring helps with Oxford Learning’s programs! Our customized tutoring programs teach your child the skills they need to deal with the challenges of school and will help them develop critical thinking and learning skills that are used for life.
Oxford Learning uses a Dynamic Assessment to assess how your child learns. The test examines your child’s strengths, needs, and potential and is absolutely stress-free. The results of this test allow us to build a program specifically tailored to your child’s needs.
Oxford Learning offers customized programs personalized to your child’s unique and academic needs. Your child will receive a customized learning plan, learning strategies to implement in school, develop study and organization tips, and learn improved school habits.
Interactive, Fun Learning
Your child will receive one-on-one instruction balanced with individualized work at Oxford Learning. Most importantly, your child will learn how to have fun learning. We want your child to enjoy and be excited about school and learning so he or she can reach his or her potential.