Can Online Math Tutors Help Students Get Better Grades?
Many parents wonder if online math tutors can be as effective as in-person math tutoring.
Students report math as their least-favourite school subject. Math is the subject parents request most when looking for an online tutor.
If you are considering an online math tutor for your child, you are not alone. According to the EQAO—Education Quality and Accountability Office—only half of Grade 6 students met math standards.
Can students develop stronger math skills online?
While most students think of sitting beside or across from their tutor, working with math tutors online can be just as effective as in-person math tutoring!
For math or for any other subject, online tutoring offers many of the same benefits as in-person tutoring along with additional benefits of being in the safety of your own home!
Check out these other surprising ways online tutoring can help students succeed.
Five Ways Online Tutors Help Students Succeed in Math:
- Conquer Math Anxiety. One major hurdle that students can experience when it comes to learning math is math anxiety. Math anxiety can cause negative emotions like fear of failure and harm students’ ability to perform. Online math tutors can help students overcome math anxiety with stronger study skills.
- Personalization and Pacing. One way online math tutors can help students succeed is by personalizing the program to each student’s needs. Every student learns at his or her own pace. Tutoring helps students succeed by never moving on to a new topic until a student is comfortable.
- Engagement Levels. In class, students learn in large groups and can get be too intimidated to participate in class. When students receive tutoring in a small group or one-on-one, they are less intimidated to participate. Students develop strong connections to their online math tutors.
- Better Techniques. Online math tutors teach students learning skills that lead to better math learning techniques. Skills such as checking work, showing all the steps, and prioritizing tasks can help students succeed.
- More Focus. With increased interaction in small online classes, there are also fewer distractions for students, helping them have a better focus on their lesson. Better focus means students get even more out of every online math tutoring class.
Get Better Math Grades. . .Online!
Online math tutoring can be just as effective as in-person tutoring thanks to an increased focus on the lesson and more one-on-one interaction with the tutor. Discover how online math tutoring at Oxford Learning can help your child get better math grades this year. Check out our location page to connect with a location near you.