The Advantages of Online Learning At Home
Are there advantages of online learning? We think so! At Oxford Learning we’ve adjusted our daily routines just like you have, and we’ve transitioned to an entirely online platform that allows children to continue learning with our tutors during this difficult time.
Making the switch to learning at home and online is likely not an easy change for your family to adapt to. There are a lot of new responsibilities that we are not used to handling at home; however, there are many advantages of online learning and online tutoring that can help your child succeed academically.
How Can Online Learning and Online Tutoring Benefit your Child?
Before we look at the benefits, let’s first distinguish between the two terms:
- Online Learning—your child spends time learning online whether it’s through arranged online classes or through self-directed learning using games, workbooks, or activities on learning-based websites.
- Online Tutoring—your child receives one-on-one interactive instruction from an online tutor.
Learn more about the benefits of writing by hand: read more
8 Advantages of Online Learning and Online Tutoring:
- Convenient: online learning and online tutoring are easy and convenient. Your child can go from lunch or playtime straight to online tutoring. There’s no need to change clothes, pack a lunch, or drive to school. The classroom is in your house!
- Flexible: the advantages of online learning or online tutoring can happen anywhere your child wants! Your child can connect with online tutors, teachers, and classmates from any room in the house! You can even learn online with people across the country from the comfort of your couch.
- Less Stressful. Your child is probably more comfortable at home than anywhere else, so naturally this is an empowering and relaxed environment for them to engage in online tutoring. Plus, they’ll feel safer at home too!
- Reviewable. If your child’s online class or online tutoring offers recordings, he or she can review lessons as needed, make notes, and spend more time on areas that are challenging.
- Less Distracting. Without classmates cracking jokes or otherwise causing distractions from learning, students are able to control their online learning or online tutoring environment that suits their needs best, whether it’s the bedroom, an office, or the dining room table.
- Customizable. Online learning and online tutoring students don’t have to move to a different classroom because the bell rang, which means they are able to learn at their own pace, pausing learning to make notes or to ask questions of their online tutor. There is also less pressure to keep up with other students.
- Comprehensive. Whether your child is in kindergarten and is learning to read online, in elementary school building math skills online, or building better writing skills online for college entrance exams, online learning and online tutoring cover every age, grade, and subject possible.
- Safe. There is no safer place than home right now during the Covid-19 pandemic. Being able to adhere to social distancing while learning is a major online tutoring benefit.
If the global pandemic has taught us anything, it’s the importance of keeping your mind busy. That’s why we think online tutoring is a great way to keep motivated and stay on track. Check out our Weekly Resource Roundup for great ideas on how to keep busy and keep learning online.