Quality Grade 8 English Tutoring & Help
With extra Grade 8 English help, students can see how enjoyable reading and writing is and boost their skills to get better grades.
Students are expected to have a strong foundation in English by the time they reach Grade 8. This is the last stage before high school where more rigorous curriculum awaits, which makes Grade 8 English a perfect stage for catching up or strengthening reading and writing skills.
Oxford Learning®’s Grade 8 English tutor program helps students improve their reading comprehension, vocabulary, and spelling. But that’s not all — students gain lifelong skills such as planning abilities, homework skills, and most importantly, confidence.
Our Grade 8 English help program prepares students with the skills they need to succeed today and tomorrow. That’s the Oxford Learning® difference.
Grade 8 English Tutoring Subjects
- Reading for meaning
- Understanding form and style
- Reading with fluency
- Learning reading skills and strategies
- Variety of texts including poetry, short stories, novels, essays, and memoirs from diverse cultures
- Connect what they read to their personal experience to extend their learning
- Text forms, patterns, features, and elements of style students come to differentiate
- Different intonation to match the mood of various expressions
- Developing and organizing content
- Knowledge of form and style in writing
- Presenting written work effectively
- Learning writing skills and strategies
- Define the purpose and audience for their writing
- Write in a variety of complex styles, including a memoir, report, essay, etc
- Develop their unique style of writing and find their distinctive voice
- Spelling and use of homonyms
- Punctuation, vocabulary, and grammar