9 Ways Tutoring Can Help Your Child Succeed
There are many reasons parents choose tutoring for their children. Some parents feel unable to help their children with schoolwork. Others may find their children are more receptive to working through school struggles with another person. Tutoring can help strengthen subject comprehension, boost confidence, and build essential learning skills.
Tutoring also bridges any learning gaps caused by the pandemic or school breaks such as over the holiday season or throughout the summer. It’s a great way to keep children who struggle on track and challenges those who aren’t being challenged enough.
9 Benefits of Tutoring
Tutoring programs can help your child develop study and learning skills that will help set up your child for success for their entire life. There are many advantages of tutoring services:
- Customized, one-on-one learning: Your child receives an individualized learning experience they can’t always get in a classroom setting or online. Tutors can customize the lessons and activities specifically for your child because the tutor gets to know their learning style and can adapt teaching methods accordingly. Basically, they act as your child’s own private teacher!
- Improves Academics and Attitudes: Tutoring will prepare your child for tests and exams, while tutors work with your child on specific problem areas—whether it’s writing, math, language, or reading. Your child’s grades and understanding of the subject will significantly improve when working with a tutor. With constant encouragement and praise, your child will no longer feel overwhelmed or frustrated with school. When school struggles decrease, learning becomes fun again!
- Encourages self-paced and self-directed learning: With tutoring, students learn to take the initiative with their school work. Your child will also learn how to control the learning pace, which helps reinforce independence and responsibility. They gain the ability to do school work on their own, without your help. Your child will realize their personal growth and will learn to take responsibility for their studies.
- Improves self-esteem and confidence: Your child’s self-esteem and confidence will increase through tutoring by providing them with the resources and skills needed to excel in school.
- Improves work and study habits: Through tutoring, students will learn work and study habits they will use for life. Study skills help prepare your child to achieve goals inside and outside of school successfully.
- Positive work environment: Tutoring provides an environment free of distractions, with fewer students and disruptions around, so students can better focus on learning.
- Encourages freedom to ask questions: At school, your child may not always feel comfortable asking questions in front of their classmates. Tutoring will help teach them to be comfortable asking questions, big or small, without feeling self-conscious.
- Improves social and behavioural skills: tutoring services will help your child become a better communicator, form better relationships with peers, and make more positive social and behavioural adjustments.
- Prepares your child for college and university: Students heading off to post-secondary education will learn how to create study plans, develop advanced study skills, and learn superior time management skills. There are numerous benefits of tutoring in university, including reinforcement of existing knowledge and gaining a better understanding of a field of study.
So Many Benefits!
Learn more about the cognitive-style tutoring programs at Oxford Learning. Contact a location near you and book your child’s academic and cognitive assessment today!