Quality Grade 1 Math Tutoring & Help
With Oxford Learning®'s 1st Grade math tutoring programs, students get a quality approach to math instruction with an Oxford Learning® difference.
Grade 1 math can be a challenging and rewarding experience, as students are learning basic math concepts for the very first time. For this reason, approaching math in a patient and supportive way is incredibly important during Grade 1. When your child learns that math can be fun, he or she will be more likely to succeed later on. With this in mind, our 1st Grade math tutors offer students support and encouragement, as well as Grade 1 math help that will shape your child’s foundational math skills for life!
As students improve their math skills, they also learn to follow direction, develop focus and attention abilities, acquire planning abilities, and develop confidence–all skills that can be used for years to come, in all subjects.
Grade 1 Math Tutoring Subjects
Numbers & Calculation
- Understand and make sense of numbers
- Apply basic addition and subtraction concepts
- Add and subtract using cents and other small currencies
- Tell time using the twelve hour clock
- Measure the length and width of different sized objects in units
- Differentiate between 2D and 3D shapes
- Recognize symmetry in different forms
- Identify, sort and categorize different families of shapes
- Recognize and identify continuing number patterns
- Understand equality concepts (the ‘equals’ sign)
Understanding Data Management
- Categorize various information and data using different types of graphs