Beyond Tutoring - Writing
Strong writing skills are critical to your child’s success at school.
After all, most evaluations and grades are based on written test and assignment scores. Poor writing skills inhibit students from demonstrating how much they’ve learned and know.
At Oxford Learning we confront common roadblocks and help students become effective writers by mastering fundamentals such as:
- use of punctuation and capitals
- proper sentence and paragraph structure
Our Beyond Tutoring® program addresses the complete writing process with exercises that teach students how to:
- refine and elaborate on ideas and concepts
- compose for different writing formats: reports, essays, narratives
- research and paraphrase information
- create outlines and drafts
- revise work based on feedback
Difficulty putting thoughts down on paper is not necessarily an indication of poor knowledge. Help your child express him/herself properly and effectively in writing. Contact an Oxford Learning near you for assistance.